Tooth brushing is the first thing we all do when we wake up in the morning. But still it comes as a shock when your dentist tells that you have not maintained your oral hygiene well. So, everybody just starts wondering what went wrong? Brushing is very important to maintain oral hygiene but it is not the only factor. There are several things which we need to take care to maintain an oral hygiene. Some of the common mistakes that Indians make while maintaining oral hygiene are as follow:
- Brushing in rush – Most of the people do brushing as they are in hurry due to which 50% area remained uncleaned. It’s important to take it slow, gentle and to cover all the area inside out. And always brush in circular or elliptical motion.
- Skip flossing – It is the most ignored part of oral care. Most of the people don’t floss their teeth. Sometimes, food is stuck in cavities and is not taken out on time. And, to remove those stocked food particles, flossing is necessary.
- Not cleaning the tongue – Rinsing your mouth is a very good idea but you should not forget your tongue. It may also contain bacteria and can result in bad breath also. That’s why your tongue needs to be cleaned too.
- Keeping your toothbrush unclean – Well, it is very necessary to keep your toothbrush clean. If you are placing your toothbrush in a drawer, then it’s picking up bacteria. You need to keep your toothbrush in a holder to keep it clean.
- Avoiding the dentist – It is the most common mistake among everyone. Not visiting the dentist regularly can be a big mistake. Because, Plaque that remains on the teeth cannot be easily removed with the toothbrush. That’s why a regular dental checkup is necessary.
Gupta Dental Clinic is one of the most trusted Dental Clinic in Gurgaon Sector-31, led by Dr Ankur Gupta. He is amongst the best dentist in Gurgaon, Sector-31 providing the best and affordable dental care for years with his excellence.